Vision for the Future
Our Vision…to operate the Star of the North Maternity Home to help fill the dire need for housing for homeless pregnant women and mothers in our community.
Our Hope…to go beyond housing to transforming women’s lives with education, holistic medical care and comprehensive services by continuing to partner with our collaborative partners.
Our Community…from vision to reality will only be possible through your prayers, hard work, and generous financial support.
We have designed this logo to recognize our “Guiding Star” history with the star – Matthew 2:9-10 …they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. 10 When they saw the star, they were overjoyed.
The olive branch represents unity and peace as we are ecumenical reaching across individuals, organizations and denominations committed to building a culture of life. 1 Corinthians 1: 10-13…I urge you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ., that all of you agree in what you say, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and in the same purpose.
The name highlights who we are. When faced with life decisions – whether at conception, birth or end of life, we believe “building a culture of hope” is critical to making “life affirming choices from conception to eternity”.
In 2020-2021, our Board has diligently worked to:
- Find a new home for and operate Star of the North Maternity Home;
- Continue hosting the monthly TFLN Collaborative (Sept – May);
- Expand our Board of Directors; and
- Maintain our website and Facebook and reach more supporters.
We need your generous support in time, treasure and talent as we enter 2020:
- Host the 9th Annual TFLN Virtual Banquet (being held on Sunday, May 2, 2021) to support Star of the North Maternity Home.
- Develop and partner to implement Church “fun”draisers.
- Elevate and expand the Collaboration to continue “building a Culture of Life” together in the Northland.