Apply Now to stay at the Star of the North Maternity Home
If you are a pregnant woman, or a woman with an infant, and seeking a safe home, plus assistance in moving from unstable housing to independence, please click “Apply Now” below to fill out the online application.
We are able to house women 18 years and older for up to 18 months during their pregnancy, delivery, and infancy. Our residences provide 24/7 staff and volunteer coverage. We hope to help you achieve your life plans within a safe home so you can focus on continuing your education and receiving comprehensive services.
When you enter the Star of the North Maternity Home, we ask for your commitment to participate in the support programming offered at the home and through our local agency partners that provide opportunities to learn life skills including parenting, how to move forward in your education, housing, and job search. We strive to help you have a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby, and achieve your life plan!
By offering homeless pregnant women a safe place to live, access to services, and assistance with personal goal-setting, the maternity home strives to address both their immediate needs and long-term well-being. Programming and Care Management provided by SON helps its residents:
- Develop a Life Plan and move towards their life goals with the assistance of mentors
- Obtain educational training in health and nutrition, parenting, and childcare
- Make and travel to medical, dental, mental health, and/or chemical dependency services in a timely manner
- Obtain maternity and baby clothes, furniture, and home supplies
- Plan, shop, and prepare nutritious meals
- Handle outstanding legal issues
- Access educational and employment opportunities
- Obtain childcare assistance
- Develop a successful plan to move to transitional housing
Application Process – 4 Steps
1. Apply online here via an application or call us at SON Duluth (218-340-1645) | SON Iron Range at (218-206-1931), and we can help you complete the application.
2. The SON program staff will call you right away and complete the first assessment. An applicant questionnaire and background check are next.
3. Meet with our Admissions Committee to learn more about our program and for us to learn more about you and your goals.
4. If you want to move forward – we have a final meeting with the admissions committee and we provide you with a tour of our home.
SON MATERNITY HOME PROVIDES:
1. A family, home-like environment
2. Safety & Security
3. Meal planning
5. Education & Support
6. Care management
Directory of Services
These life-affirming organizations are committed to you!